Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sloppy Joes





I made a ham over the weekend, and so of coarse I had to bake a couple (4) large yams. Along with the leftover ham I had I large yam as well.....so....when it came to making some sloppy joes I thought ....why not
actually I added the yam because I added a little too much sriracha hot chili sauce. (my latest go-to-additive)

Sloppy joes

1 lb ground round (500 g)
1/2 lb ground pork (250 g)
1 med onion diced
3 cloves garlic mashed
1/2 red pepper diced
sloppy joe spice mix
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup cooked yam
1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
3/4 can 16 fl oz tomato scarpones (about 1 1/2 -2 cups)


I browned the meat with the onion and garlic. Added the wine (only because it was sitting on the counter and I figured...why not). Then the peppers for color




I added the hot sauce along with the packaged sloppy joe mix, and it tasted a little bit toooooo hot, so that's when I added the yam, about this much


about 1 cup

after the yam was encorporated


added the tomatoes and wasn't sloppy enough after cooking a bit, so I added about 1/3 cup water.

And it was a very good sloppy joe after that, I served it to the grandkids spooned over steamed baby potatoes and grated cheese, with some sour cream to temper the spice down a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment